With much excitment around Apple’s keynote in sight last night at 20:00 (South Africa +2 GMT) the details have finally arrived for the new iPad.
I’ll run through the comparisons between the iPad 2 and the New iPad a little later, but here are the things you can expect to see:
- Sharper Retina display, 3.1 million pixels
- 2048×1536 resolution
- 5MP iSight camera, full 1080p recording
- iLife & iWork apps
- 4G LTE tech
- A5X CPU
- 10 hours battery life (The same as the iPad 2)
Pricing has also seen an increase.
- $499 for 16GB
- $599 for 32GB
- $699 for 64GB
WiFi + 4G models
- $629 for 16GB
- $729 for 32GB
- $829 for 64GB
The New iPad will officially go on sale in US stores tomorrow and is expected to land in SA within the next 3-4 weeks. Personally, upgrading from your original iPad is well worth it, but you should seriously consider upgrading if you already have the iPad 2.
Other features taken from the keynote last night are as follows:
- iOS 5.1 available for iPhones, iPads and iPod touches
- This update gives 4G for AT&T customers
- App limit for OTA increased to 50MB
- Apple TV now includes 1080p video
- iTunes 10.6 now available for download, includes support for 1080p videos
More info on the official Apple site.
You can watch the keynote speech here, just make sure you have QuickTime installed. I’ve attached a galary of some images from the event.