Time to close up shop and huddle down this weekend, looks like things could get a bit crazy!
Updated: 1/08/2012 04:50:21
Warning: Take action
Subject: Gale force, very cold, heavy rainfall, snowfalls and very rough seas.
Detail: Issued: 10-08-2012
1. Gale force (>34knots) north-westerly to westerly winds are expected to develop between Lamberts Bay and Cape Agulhas on Friday evening, spreading to include the rest of the Western Cape(including the interior) on Saturday. It will reach strong gale (40-50knots) in places along the Western Cape coasts on Saturday.
2. Very rough seas with wave heights between 4 to 6m are expected on Saturday, becoming high seas 6 to 9m) in places later.
3. Heavy falls of rain (>50mm/24hours) are expected in places over the southern parts of the West Coast, Cape Metropole, Cape Winelands and Overberg Districts on Saturday.
4. Very cold, wet and windy conditions are expected over the interior of the Western Cape on Saturday and Sunday.
5. Snowfalls are expected over the high ground of the Western Cape Saturday.
If you have any pics of the crazy weather, post them up 🙂